check admin.conf

#
# can be one of crypt,md5,clear
#
general_encryption_method: clear
                           ^^^^^

Dean Mumby wrote:

Hi all , firstly I installed 1.0.1-1 for centos 3.4 and then downloaded the latest 1.0.3 tar ball and installed dialup_admin. I am able to add users but when I test a password it always says failed. Is there a setting that I have missed somewhere that controls whether the pasword are crypt or not ? I intend to have all auth and acc configured in mysql.

OK forget about the other questions. All I need is to know where to start looking for the problem. If I create a user using the dialup admin , the user is created. If I search I can find it but no matter what I do I cannot get it to check the password and tell me its correct. It always says its wrong. Even with simple 1234 passwords.

Could it be a problem with the encryption routines ? Is it a php problem. This is an up2date centos 3.4 box.

Any Ideas ?

Regards
Dean

Thanks for this I had actually found it already and I am now able to test the password using the facility in the show section of the user_info the actual radius authentication test fails . I will keep looking to see why. Thanks again.

Dean