Hello again,

this time the error (you know, no response and full cpu load) occured and at least I found something in the normal logfile:

Fri Aug 19 09:22:02 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap: All ldap connections are in use
Fri Aug 19 09:22:03 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap: ldap_search() failed: Timed out while waiting for server to respond. Please increase the timeout. Fri Aug 19 09:22:37 2005 : Error: rlm_ldap: uid=ilebraun,ou=accounts,dc=SIAM bind to lanldap1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de:389 failed: timeout Fri Aug 19 09:24:32 2005 : Info: The maximum number of threads (32) are active,cannot spawn new thread to handle request Fri Aug 19 09:24:41 2005 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id 1123056560) for request 47

These are reapeated many times, especially the first one.
They probably mean that I have a problem with my LDAP-Server, right? Has someone experience, what parameter could be critical for the eDirectory?

Thanks in advance, Benedikt

I've configured here a FreeRADIUS 1.0.4 and I'm running it now to handle test requests. First, everything looked ok. FR responded all requests correctly. But suddenly it didn't respond any more to RADIUS requests and I saw it used 1 of my 2 cpus completly. Before it took between 1-2 percent of the cpu. FreeRADIUS even could not be killed by a normal kill, I needed kill -9 to terminate it. It's very strange to me that happend after half an hour normal behavior. Then I started FreeRADIUS in debugging mode (-X) but then the error didn't occur until I stopped it 1 day later. Just now I ran it again in not-debugging mode and again after about half an hour the same strange error: processor load about 99% and no responses to any requests.