I am trying to create a new checkItem using an attribute stored in LDAP.

I would like radius to check ldap to see if the attribute exists for a user and if it does, not assign a radiusPoolName. I have a radiusSNSEnable attribute setup in ldap and in the dictionary files as a check item.

I have done lots of testing and googling and I have not found a clean solution that works. Below is the entry from my users file:

DEFAULT SNS-Enable != "1"
        USR-Framed_IP_Address_Pool_Name = "BLACKHOLE1",
        Idle-Timeout := "120",
        Fall-Through = Yes

Correct me if I'm wrong but that should mean, if the SNS-Enable attribute does not equal 1, assign the USR-Framed_IP_Address_Pool_Name and Idle-Timeout. I have SNS-Enable as a checkItem mapped to radiusSNSEnable in the ldap.attrmap.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Could it be a processing order problem that I'm seeing? Does it process the users file and then LDAP so it's not checking or assigning the variable properly? If I set radiusSNSEnable as a replyItem I see it in the radius reply so I know it's getting the value.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.