On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Matt Vollmar wrote:

Hi,

I searched the archives briefly, but I wasn't sure how to even phrase this issue. I have Freeradius authenticating Chillispot through a MySQL DB. One of the features of Chillispot is to authenticate based on MAC address first before checking username. This sends the MAC as Username and a pre-determined password. I have this working fine, but the problem is that Dialup Admin will not accept usernames with "dashes" in them. Every time I try to edit a user like "00-0E-35-A8-25-9F", it changes the name to "000E35A8259F" which of course does not exist. Anyone know of a quick fix for this? If not, I will send some patches for this and a few other problems I found with Dialup Admin. I just hate delving into a project like this when there is the possibility of a fix existing.

See conf/config.php3 and preg_replace on the $login variable. Though in the latest version '-' is also accepted. Hope this helps

Thanks,

Matt

Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Work Phone:             +30 210 7721861