If it's a new install check that your iptables aren't blocking your access also

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laker Netman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: sql.conf

There is definitely a password problem.  But it may be
due to *where* your logging in from, rather than the
password.  Are FR and MySQL on the same box?

Have you double checked with the mysql client that you
can login to the database (on the machine where mysql
is installed).  From a command prompt just type "mysql
-p", enter the password.  If there is no error,
something else more serious is amiss or you do not
have [EMAIL PROTECTED] configured in the DB where zzzzzz is
the host where mysql is installed.

Laker

--- "Atkins, Dwane P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Why is it that when I run a radiusd -X, I always
come back with errors
on saying that it cannot connect to the mysql
server:

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module
rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and
linked

rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/radius

rlm_sql (sql): starting 0

rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql

rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for

rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL
server
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:radius

rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Access denied for user
'radius'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)'

rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0

rlm_sql (sql): starting 1

rlm_sql (sql): starting 2

rlm_sql (sql): starting 3

rlm_sql (sql): starting 4

rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect to any SQL server.

I have put this in my sql.conf like so:

# Connect info

        server = "localhost"

        login = "radius"

        password = "xxxxxxxxx"

        # Database table configuration

        radius_db = "radius"
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
What am I doing wrong?  I have followed a number of
whitepapers to
install this and most of them say the same thing.
I downloaded freeradius and mysql-server using the
'yum install' option.
Now, when I do a ./configure on freeradius, do I
need to do it with a
-with-mysql option?

Should I try this on something other than FC4?  I am
opened to options.

Thanks

Dwane