It would be difficult to say how RADIUS would interact with the actual ACE server since it's a proprietary system. In 2002 I thought about going down this route and I'm summarizing from the 5 page SecurId integration document.

You must write code that uses RSA's 'RSA Agent' software to communicate with the RSA ACE server. You must become a partner a a cost of ten thousand dollars for each product each year you provide the product(s). You must pay RSA twenty percent of your product's licensing fee. And you must have RSA certify it and may be required to provide a training program for RSA certification technicians. The sublicense agreement with RSA is incompatible with any open source software.

The best thing to do is use FreeRadius as a proxy to the RSA RADIUS server.

From a client's point of view the ACE RADIUS server may require a simple CHAP/PAP transaction or there may be challenges asking for more information. It depends on the RSA server configuration.

darshak wrote:
Hi All
I m new to AAA things.I want how can I support RSA ACE/Server in freeradius. Can anyone has details How interaction is made between RADIUS and RSA/ACE-server?. in general scenario Rgds
DArshak