fvt3 wrote:
Hi,

I have a question on configuring freeradius to return
vlan attributes base on a user group membership or ou.
 I have a windows client xp sp2 using peap mschap2 to
authenticate off radius.  How do I set radius to
return a vlan id of 10 if the user belongs to the
student group and if the user belongs to the teacher
group the user get a vlan id of 20?  I have freeradius
to authenticate of Active Directory but its only
returning one vlan..

DEFAULT   NAS-Port-Type == "Wireless-802.11"
          Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
          Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 10,
          Tunnel-Type = VLAN

Do I have add something else in the user file?

You will need to configure the LDAP module to fetch groups from ADs LDAP server. See copious documentation or posts to the list. Broadly, once the LDAP module is setup correctly:

DEFAULT NAS-Port-Type == "Wireless-802.11", Ldap-Group == "Students"
        Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 10,
        Tunnel-Type = VLAN

DEFAULT NAS-Port-Type == "Wireless-802.11", Ldap-Group == "Staff"
        Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 20,
        Tunnel-Type = VLAN

Alternatively if you fill AD in from some external system e.g. SQL database you can pull from there, or dump the groups to a file like so:

username:groupname

...and use the (poorly-named) "passwd" module to add the group.