Ah ok. So it appears the network guys are doing something non-compliant with the RFCs around here. I hate that, but I'm not going to be able to change it either, so I'll just maintain a small patch for our environment. Thanks for clearing that up.

Alan DeKok wrote:
Geoff Silver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As a side note, I had to change the Class attribute in dictionary.rfc2865 to be a string, *not* octets. I changed:
to make it work (and be readable), though I can't tell if that's just an oddity of the Cisco VPN 3000 and the way it was previously implemented here or what. According to the RFC:

  The dictionaries are solely for internal server purposes.  The
reason Class is "octets" in the FreeRADIUS dictionaries is that it can
contain binary data.

    String

       The String field is one or more octets.  The actual format of the
       information is site or application specific, and a robust
       implementation SHOULD support the field as undistinguished octets.

  The original RFC's had "string" type for both printable & binary
data.  FreeRADIUS moved to "string" and "octets", and the RFC's moved
to "text" and "string".