Yes, freeradius works the same. Although, the line

readclient=yes

does not appear in postgresql.conf file, you can add in order to read NAS clients from the posrgres DB.

But, MySQL is simpler to use and understand. Anyway, I advance the selecction of a DB for freeradius do not depend on the freeradius application, but it depends on what DB you normally use and if you want to use the RADIUS data with another appllication.

From:  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:  freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org
Subject:  postgresql or mysql
Date:  Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:18:34 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

i'd like to know which DB (postgresql or mysql) you advice me, to store accounting and see it thanks to the GUI dailupadmin ?

can i find the same freeradius features with this 2 DB ?

i don't see 2 features , in  postgresql.conf:

- readclients = yes

-Default profile

that i see in sql.conf.

are they implemented with postgre ?

Thank you for your help.

Thomas

>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Excursiones y escapadas a sitios mágicos. No te lo pierdas en MSN Entretenimiento
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html