On 4/11/07, Alan DeKok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   To back up a bit, *why* are you HUPing the server?

I usually HUP servers to force them to re-read their configuration
without forcing the server to restart.  I'm glad I found the earlier
commentary that HUPping radiusd is considered harmful.  I did it
myself when I was writing my first config last month, and ran across
the segfault, too.

>   Maybe we can add features that prevent the need for the HUP, and then
> remove support for HUP.  That would be best, I think.

Do you have in mind a favorite technique for signaling daemons that
the config files have changed?  HUP is a common way to do it, but I'm
sure there are other ways.

-ethan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html