Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Techs will also want to test switches in new installs , and they won't
> like waiting a day for configuration changes to take effect.... like
> users won't like the service
> going down every hour , although we could stagger the server restarts....

In reality I expect the users wouldn't even notice. It takes only a second or
two to start the RADIUS server at the very most - most cases would be measured
in milliseconds. With two or more redundant servers, that should be well inside
the retry period of most NAS's. The risk is that the server may not come back
up (eg error in the configuration that was changed) which makes automatic
restarts or reloads potentially dangerous.

regards,
Mike
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html