Ok, I have some more questions.

>   It sounds like a database might be a better choice.  pam_ldap, in
> conjunction with nss_ldap should solve the problem.

If I use LDAP to authenticate with PAM and freeradius authenticates against
LDAP as well am I able to still store session details with LDAP?

I am trying to integrate my current hotspot database with my terminals so that
users can authenticate on either using the same username and password. It is a
ticket based system and they have a limited amount of time, this works fine on
both systems with freeradius (mysql backend) but it is a pain to continually
have to add users to /etc/passwd. This can all be administered througha set of
PHP scripts.

Thanks,

Daniel Davis

-