Phil Mayers wrote:

>>   There are patches to enable this, but they have not, as yet, been
>> integrated.  In any case, they won't help you to fail over from one
>> server to another.
>
> If/when those patches get integrated, it would be highly useful to
> support failover between servers. I guess the requirements for this
> would be:

  Bleah.  I guess it's possible, but it's pretty ugly.

>  1. Expose the openssl session cache config, so that distcache can be
> configured to share the SSL sessions between servers

  As always, patches are welcome. :)

  On a related note, sharing the RADIUS packets between servers would be
a good idea.  It would avoid duplicate handling of Access-Request or
Accounting-Request.

>  2. Implement some way of attaching the PEAP/TTLS tunnel state to the
> session cache, or otherwise be reachable by the other FreeRadius server,
> so that when resumption occurs the inner info can be (re)used for
> authorization.

  You can register callbacks to store OpenSSL contexts somewhere outside
of main memory.  It's not hard, but it requires someone to write the code.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html