Phil Mayers wrote:
We're bringing a Cisco (formerly Airespace) lightweight wireless system online, and I'm seeing some odd things in the accounting.

Specifically, the usernames can change in the accounting packets. This causes the default SQL queries (at least, the ones for Postgres under 1.1.7) to generate duplicate entries for the session, because the "where" clause includes the username.

However it seems to consistently set Acct-Authentic to RADIUS for "real" usernames, and "Remote" for unknown or non-authenticated usernames, so it sort of "knows" this is happening.

All,

For the record, this is not in fact the case. I've used some SQL-fu to "fix" the problem but I'm still seeing a (very) few changing records where the WLC reports "Acct-Authentic = RADIUS" for a username which most definitely is *not* valid.

Sigh; anyway, I'll be opening a bug with Cisco about this.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html