Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
is there a good web based certificate management system
that users of freeradius recommend?
i need something that will apply the needed xpextensions
and generate the necessary .p12 and .der certificates for a windows xp client.

i am looking into editing the ebox-ca to generate the additional certificates,
but would perfer not to have to go through the trouble if possible.

FWIW, Red Hat has open sourced the certificate management system it acquired when it purchased a number of assets from Netscape (the Netscape LDAP server has already been open sourced by Red Hat known under the name Directory Server).

The certificate server which Red Hat open sourced is essentially the same one used by the DoD (Department of Defence) and many other high end enterprise clients. The open source version is known as DogTag.

More information can found here: http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PKI_Main_Page

The effort required to make Certificate Server available as open source was formidable, however Red Hat has a strong commitment to open source and I'm proud of the initiative by my collogues who made this sophisticated PKI technology available to everyone.

--
John Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>