On 25/08/09 09:50, Alan Buxey wrote:
[Ian Chard wrote:]
I also want to have a syslogged record of each login attempt, which I
can do, but I can't figure out how to log the client's IP address
without having to specify every client individually in freeradius's
config.  As it is, I just get

Login OK: [username] (from client big-netblock port 0)

Is there a way around this without having to maintain a huge list of
clients?

the single line log can be chaged to give more details...but the detail
logs give more information - like explicit NAS-IP-Address etc - so if
you want more detail, use the detail module....not the linelog.

I'm more inclined to use the linelog because I want the messages to end up on my syslog server along with all my other auth events. Can the linelog be changed without recompiling freeradius?

alternatively, use SQL to hold the clients and have each one defined...
you can then use dynamic_clients so new entries can be added on the fly
without server rebooting

If modifying the linelog isn't possible then I like the sound of this. Is there some documentation on the dynamic_clients option? I can't seem to find any reference to it on freeradius.org.

- Ian

--
Ian Chard, Senior Unix and Network Gorilla | E: ian.ch...@sers.ox.ac.uk
Systems and Electronic Resources Service   | T:  80587 / (01865) 280587