On 11/19/2009 01:43 PM, Andy Theuninck wrote:
I'm trying to set up freeradius to handle WPA authentication on my
network. I've managed to get the AP&  radius servers talking to one
another and the SSL certificates loaded and configured, but I can't
figure out how to get the username&  passwords checked against the
local /etc/shadow file. Free radius version is 1.1.3, latest binary
provided by my version of CentOS.

You can get current 2.x versions, read this:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

 The client attempting to connect is
Mac OS X 10.4. In a perfect world, I'd like to support both OS X and
Windows XP with names&  passwords checked against /etc/shadow. I could
probably add an openldap server to function as a go-between if that
would make the configuration easier.

Ideally, I'm looking for an pointers what I'm doing wrong OR an
indication that what I'm trying to pull off is impossible. Output and
config files follow. Notably, to me at least, is that the "users" line
noted in the eap match, 152, is "DEFAULT Auth-Type = System", but
rlm_unix is never even attempted.

Yes, what you're trying to do is impossible. Unix/Shadow passwords are stored using the "crypt" hash. You're trying to do 802.1x, e.g. EAP

Knowing that then read this:
http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>