On 12 Mar 2012, at 15:32, 甄鹏 wrote:

> Hello Everybody:
>   Recently,I got a project,it requires set a Radius Server in the company,and
> 100 APs in 100 Restarants in the city,all the APs of course connected to its
> own router.
>   I want to the customers who want to use wifi in any of these restarant need
> to get authentication through the Radius Server locate in my company rather
> than the traditional wpa/wpa2 ways.

Do you want to use WPA/WPA2 Enterprise instead, or through a captive portal on
the access point, or through mac authentication?

>   for honestly,i am new to freeRadius,i even not really sure if is it a
> possible project?
>   The radius server could have a static WAN ip address,but all the APs could
> only got a LAN ip address like 192.168.*.*,when I set up the freeRadius+Mysql
> system,how could i distinguish different AP?

Depends on the AP, some will send the NAS-Identifier attribute which you could
use to distinguish between them. Otherwise most will include a
Called-Station-ID attribute which *may* contain a Mac-Address associated with
the Access point, you'll need what your Access Point sends.

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudba...@freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !

-