All,

I have noticed a behaviour in the logging and I'm not sure if it is
misconfiguration on my part, misunderstanding of the expected behaviour or a
bug.  If I attempt to log in  using EAP-MSCHAPv2 inside of an eap method (e.g.
PEAP/EAP-MSCHAPv2) I see "Login OK:" for the outer EAP regardless of the result
of the inner EAP. e.g:

Thu Dec  6 11:10:55 2012 : Auth: Login OK: [scott] (from client pepsi port 0
cli 02-00-00-00-00-01 via TLS tunnel)
Thu Dec  6 11:10:55 2012 : Auth: Login OK: [scott] (from client pepsi port 0
cli 02-00-00-00-00-01 via TLS tunnel)
Thu Dec  6 11:10:56 2012 : Auth: Login OK: [anonym...@lboro.ac.uk] (from client
pepsi port 0 cli 02-00-00-00-00-01)

This means if I have a user with a bad password I get the following in the log:

Thu Dec  6 11:21:37 2012 : Auth: Login OK: [scott] (from client pepsi port 0
cli 02-00-00-00-00-01 via TLS tunnel)

As the mschap module is waiting for the user to re-enter their password
eventual it times out.  Therefore this is the only entry in the log.  Which is
somewhat confusing, as it has actually failed but the only log entry is "Login
OK".

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?  or have I configured something wrong?

Regards

Scott Armitage

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html