Hi Gerald,

It turns out I had avoided closing the device every time:

https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/blob/master/channels/rdpsnd/client/alsa/rdpsnd_alsa.c#L330

For some reason the older code was *opening* the device on a close pdu,
never understood why. Opening instead of closing was causing issues which
is why I changed the logic a bit to be more proper. This might require some
further investigation. Maybe try to add some debug output in that file and
figure out the sequence of events leading to the error?