Le 17/12/2015 10:27, Ondrej Holy a écrit :
> Dear FreeRDP developers,
>
> could you please explain me, how it works with versions and releases for
> FreeRDP? I am a bit confused and it sounds like that latest stable release is
> 1.0.2 (from year 2002) as per the public accessible info:
>
> - Latest announced version in ChangeLogs and a blog is 1.0 (also FreeRDP irc
> topic claims that latest stable is 1.0.2):
> https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/wiki/Changelog
> https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/blob/master/ChangeLog
> http://www.freerdp.com/2012/
>
> - I see stable-1.0 and stable-1.1 branches, however stable-1.1 is marked as
> Closed (not sure what is a exact meaning of it in this context):
> https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/branches/all
>
> - Latest GitHub releases and tarballs are for 1.1-beta, though there are also
> 1.2-beta tags:
> http://pub.freerdp.com/releases/
> https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/releases
>
> - I realized also that FREERDP_VERSION_ and nightly builds has been recently
> switched from 1.2 to 2.0:
> https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt
> https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/wiki/PreBuilds
>
> - Fedora based distributions are using 1.2, Debian/Ubuntu based are using
> 1.1, Red Hat based are using 1.0 version.
>
> Is really 1.0.2 latest stable release? Will be 2.0 version released as a
> stable soon? What versions are recommended to be used?
>
> Thanks in advance
You're right Ondrej, versions in FreeRDP are a real mess.
Anyway we're currently trying to stabilize a 2.0 version. My opinion is
that the current pre-2.0 is the most stable version we have, even if it
doesn't have the official 2.0 stable tag. I know that misc commercial
products are based on the current master or on some recent snapshot of it.
Compared to 1.2, the public API has changed a lot with the hardening
patches we have done, but we have reached stable point I think.

All the contributors are quite busy on other business these times,
someone talked about doing a bug squashing week, but I don't think a
date has been scheduled for that (yet). So 2.0 is coming, but no date
for now.

I think there have been some discussions with the debian guys two, and
our advice was to take the current master, as 2.0 should be very near of
what we have now. I think it's Bernhard Miklautz that will have a
clearer view of the situation.

Best regards.