Hi,

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 06:23:09PM +0000, Prof. Dr. Michael Schefczyk wrote:
> 1) The nightly binary does not seem to replace /usr/bin/xfreerdp. Is there a
> simple way to execute the binary from the command line after installing it
> from the repository via apt-get?
the binaries are installed with the prefix /opt/freerdp-nightly/ on
purpose to not collide with any file of the distributions package(s).

There are multiple ways to invoke them:

* invoke directly /opt/freerdp-nightly/bin/xfreerdp
* adapt your PATH environment: export * PATH=/opt/freerdp-nightly/bin/:$PATH
* set an bash alias: alias xfreerdp=/opt/freerdp-nightly/bin/xfreerdp

I'm fairly sure there are much more ;)

> 2) Among the multiple alternatives I tried to get the smart card redirection
> going, is there one which you would suspect to be the correct approach?
Give the commands Armin described in his last E-Mail a try.

Best regards,
Bernhard