* ubuntu does not compile against ffmpeg (wich is in universe) so you
only have /gfx:rfx

* you could give some information on where you are using the stuff ;)
'incredibly glitchy' could be as simple as too slow hardware...

  freerdp currently does all frame decoding in software, so be sure your
CPU is fast enought for that (and your graphics drivers can handle
bitmap updates well, there are some that are known to be slow)

regards

Arminnn