Hi Kevin,
Apologies for the delay. The output is below.Is it not assiging enough vertices
to the label after it has been saved in tkmedit?

tksurfer 1000027 lh smoothwm
surfer: current subjects dir: /data/flanders/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects
surfer: not in "scripts" dir ==> using cwd for session root
surfer: session root data dir ($session) set to:
surfer:     /data/flanders/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects
surfer: /data/flanders/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects/1000027/mri/T1/COR-.info
INFO: Src volume /tmp/mritotal_17663/orig_8_dxyz.mnc
INFO: Target volume
/usr/local/mni/bin/../share/mni_autoreg/average_305_8_dxyz.mnc
INFO: Volume /tmp/mritotal_17663/orig_8_dxyz.mnc cannot be found.
DimSizes: 3, 86, 110, 68, 1
DataType: 1
MINC Linear Transform
 2.0000  0.0000  0.0000 -86.0950
 0.0000  2.0000  0.0000 -126.5100
 0.0000  0.0000  2.0000 -58.2500
 0.0000  0.0000  0.0000  1.0000
Done reading minc
surfer: vertices=148018, faces=296032
surfer: single buffered window
surfer: using interface /usr/local/freesurfer/lib/tcl/tksurfer.tcl
Reading /usr/local/freesurfer/lib/tcl/tkm_common.tcl
Reading /usr/local/freesurfer/lib/tcl/tkm_wrappers.tcl
Reading /usr/local/freesurfer/lib/tcl/fsgdfPlot.tcl
Using /usr/local/freesurfer/lib/Linux/libtclfsgdf.so
Reading /usr/local/freesurfer/lib/tcl/tkUtils.tcl
Read /usr/local/freesurfer/surface_labels.txt, found 95 structures
Successfully parsed tksurfer.tcl
% 1199 unassigned vertices in label - building spatial LUT...
assigning vertex numbers to label...