From: Doug Greve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 4/12/2006 2:42 AM
To: Fornito, Alexander
Cc: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Repeated-measures in mris_glm

How did you create the average subject? Is there a T1.mgz in the mri
dir? If so,  you might have an old version of tksurfer that is looking
for COR files instead of mgz.

Fornito, Alexander wrote:

>That did the trick, but I'm having trouble displaying the results.
>First issue is that I can't seem to load my average surface in tksurfer from
>the command line.I get the following:
>
>tksurfer average rh inflated
>surfer: current subjects dir: /data/nelson/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects_twins
>surfer: not in "scripts" dir ==> using cwd for session root
>surfer: session root data dir ($session) set to:
>surfer:     /data/nelson/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects_twins
>ERROR: cound not stat
>/data/nelson/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects_twins/average/mri/T1/COR-.info.
>Does it exist?
>mghRead(/data/nelson/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects_twins/average/mri/T1.mgh,
>-1): could not open file
>zcat: /data/nelson/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects_twins/average/mri/T1.mgz.gz:
>No such file or directory
>mghRead(/data/nelson/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects_twins/average/mri/T1.mgz,
>-1): read error
>surfer: ### Could not find anatomical header information.
>
>What I do instead is load a subject's surface and then click load > Surface,
>and select the average one.
>When I load the sigt file as an overlay, what should I specify as the
>registration matrix?
>Clicking "calculate identity matrix" seems to work, so I'm assuming this is ok?
>
>After doing this, I can visualize the SPM ok, but have trouble when I try to
>obtain scatterplots for a gven vertex. tksurfer closes and I get the error
>below.(I've tried specifying markers and colors in the FSGD but it doesn't
>seem to make a difference)
>I'm using recon-all-nmr,v 1.104 2005/09/07.
>
> gdfReadHeader: reading
> /data/nelson/work/alex/freesurfer/subjects_twins/stats/twin_qualcheck_fsgd.txt
>WARNING: Marker for class class_subj1 was invalid.
>WARNING: Color for class class_subj1 was invalid.
>WARNING: Marker for class class_subj2 was invalid.
>WARNING: Color for class class_subj2 was invalid.
>WARNING: Marker for class class_subj3 was invalid.
>WARNING: Color for class class_subj3 was invalid.
>WARNING: Marker for class class_subj4 was invalid.
>WARNING: Color for class class_subj4 was invalid.
>WARNING: Marker for class class_subj5 was invalid.
>WARNING: Color for class class_subj5 was invalid.
>surfer: dmin=0.8701, vno=132952, x=14.6850, y=-30.1178, z=47.7694
>% surfer: curv=0.000000, fs=0.000000
>% surfer: val=2.132707, val2=0.000000
>% surfer: amp=2.132707, angle=0.000000 deg (0.000000)
>
>Thanks again,
>

>Oh, I'm sorry. I see the problem now. When I said to create a class
>for each subject, I meant for each person, not for each FreeSurfer
>subject. So there should only be 5 classes, not 10.
>
>So do something like this:
>
>Class class_subj1
>Class class_subj2
>Class class_subj3
>Class class_subj4
>Class class_subj5
>
>Variables                      Time
> [...]

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting