Dear freesurfers,

ran into troubles with yakview (centos4_x86_64-3.0.1-pub-full under Suse 9.3 x86_64) the -nosplash option in line 398 of fsfast/bin/yakview causes a "Warning: Type-ahead buffer overflow." from the installed matlab 7.1 and, not completely unexpected, some corruption. The corruption I observed was a wrong TR and a way off scaling of the colorbar, BTW. Anyway, putting a hash before the -nosplash helps (with the caveat that the splash window opens, albeit transiently). I still see other issues with my install of yakview.m, like the help window (and any other msgbox) gets a copy of the statusline written over line 7. It seems like set_text() gets periodically called with 'gca' as argument, a bit b0rked, if set_text(gca, ud) is called while the help window is active, as gca now points to this window. A Q&D cure is to secure the two call to se_text(gca,ud), with the following construct:
if (gcf == ud.hThisYakFig),
        set_text(gca,ud);
end
Oh yeah zooming does not really work, but I did not investigate further

One more thing though, what to use -v1 or -v2?

Ahoi & thanks
        Sebastian
--
Sebastian Moeller