What do you mean by the "actual 3d coordiantes in the mesh"? The RAS
coord is the MNI305 coord. You can have tksurfer display it with
View->Information->VertexMNITal. In this case it will be the same as
the RAS. The Talairach coord is the MNI coord adjusted with Mathew
Brett's algorithm, which is more than just a translation.

doug