yes, you should be able to open it in tksurfer. What version of freesurfer do you have?
On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Inês Souta wrote:

And after creating the mgh volume, how can I read it? Is it possible to open
it in tksurfer? Should I load it as an overlay?
I've used one of my already pre-processed subjects, created a 'vol' with the
same number of vertices of one of the hemisferes, and saved the output of
save_mgh file as an rh.thickness.mgh file. However, when I don't seem to be
able to open it in tksurfer...

Thanks

Ines