I don't have an easy way to do this, sorry.

Robert Levy wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to figure out if there is any way to determine the exact size at which clusters becomes significant given a specified significance, and it appeared from the mc-corrected overlay that in this overlay the clusters do not continously change in size but appear discretely at a given threshold and are the same size at higher thresholds in an all-or-nother sort of way. I take this to mean that because the monte carlo simulation was performed at a given threshold, the clusters at that threshold size are corrected for mutiple comparisons based on the probability distribution of the chance data (though I don't know the details). Because it is done in this way, it seems I would either have to run several monte carlo simulations, at successively higher minimum thresholds, in order to arrive at the critical cutoff sizes for significance. This is impractical, so I guess my question is, does the way in which the monte carlo simulations are done preclude the possibility of getting the cluster sizes at which they will have a certain CWP value, or is there some way of doing this?

Thanks,
Rob

--

Robert P. Levy, B.A.
Research Assistant, Manoach Lab

http://nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/manoachlab

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358 Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting