Hi All,

On Oct 11, 2008, at 11:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:54:05 -0500
From: "Richard Frye" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Freesurfer] qdec -- Cannot allocate memory
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu

I am running qdec on a Mac Pro OS X 10.5.5 with dual quad pentiums mirrored
RAID and 16GB memory.
That does not help, current (I hope) freesurfer is compiled for 32 bit on MacOSX. So the 16GB can not be seen by qdec, it has to work with maximally 4GB, most likely 2GB or 3GB. To test the bitness of any program (replace /opt/freesurfer/bin/qdec.bin with the name of the executable you are going to test) run the following in a terminal window:
"file /opt/freesurfer/bin/qdec.bin"
the result will be:
qdec.bin: Mach-O executable i386
i386 means 32bit intel, otherwise you would get:
Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
x86_64 is the label for 64 bit intel.

You need a true 64-bit built to be able to use more memory. The Linux 64bit versions can do just that.

ahoi  good luck
        Sebastian

I have followed the instruction for creating the qdec table, loaded the data in successfully and requested an analysis with two continuous variance. The following is the final output before it crashes because it cannot allocate
memory. I have the maximum memory in my machine. What can I do?

--
Sebastian Moeller

Tel.: 04 21 - 2 18 - 90 96
Fax.: 04 21 - 2 18 - 90 04