The body of my email was lost because of the attachments: here it is
again for those who are curious. Sorry about that, I didn't know a text
file attachment would do that.

Not sure if this bug has been mentioned before, but there is a bug with
using aparcstats2table for the aparc.a2005s parcellation map. If some of
the subjects in the group have missing values of a certain type,
aparcstats2table fails to designate a 0 for them. So for instance, it's
often the case that a subject has no lh_unknown_volume in their
aparc.a2005s.stats. Certain other, seemingly random areas will fail to
print out as well. This will lead to shifts in the dataset, so that
every volume after the missing value for a subject will be incorrect,
and will need to be shifted for the blank. The only way I have found to
reliably check that the data is valid is to generate seperate stats
tables for each subject.

Anyway, this is a serious problem for people who collect and analyse
data with aparcstats2table using the aparc.a2005s parcellation map.
Attached are two examples illustrating the problem. To make it clearer,
paste the contents of both into excel, and look at the column mismatch;
some of the subjects' data don't make it all the way to the end, and a
shift in the values is clear.

Victor Laluz : Imaging Coordinator : UCSF Memory and Aging Center
415-476-1680 : 415-476-1816 (fax)