Surface shape is the way I would characterize it.  We would at times segment
the white/gray/other differently than Freesurfer along that boundary.  But
at the same time it is hard to tell exactly how it should be segmented, but
could possibly be improved by manual edits.

--
Stephen Tyree
Neuroimaging Computer Scientist