Hello FreeSurfers,

I have inflated a couple surfaces less so that the gyri and sulci are more
prominent on the surface using the parameters:

mris_smooth -a 70 -n 70 -nw ./subj/surf/lh.white ./subj/surf/lh.smoothwm

mris_inflate -n 5 ./subj/surf/lh.smoothwm ./subj/surf/lh.inflated

mris_curvature -w -a 70 -thresh .999 -distances 10 10 ./subj/surf/lh.inflated

Which seemed to do the trick, however, when I viewed the surfaces on the 3D
surface generator Amira, I realized that inflating less caused the left and
right surfaces to shift toward each other when viewed on the same coordinate
system. The left and right surfaces must have been translated somewhere in the
inflation process. How do I put them back into the correct coordinate space
that the pial and white surfaces are? Thank you.

Tina Jeon, M.S.
Project Supervisor
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Advanced Imaging Research Center