Hi FSusers,

I am engaging to map automatic segmentation image (eg.
aparc.a2009s+aseg.mgz) to raw functional space. According to the
instructions from the FreeSurfer website, I found that there were two ways
below to do it. However, the results from both methods are different and
attached. Let me say BNC006 is a subject under $SUBJECTS_DIR (here
/drive3/TEST). The functional data has been processed using FSL and found in
bold.feat directory.

*# one way* (red images in the attached picture)
$ bbregister --mov example_func.nii.gz --bold --s BNC006 --init-fsl --reg
register.dat
$ mri_label2vol --seg BNC006/mri/aparc.a2009s+aseg.mgz --temp
example_func.nii.gz --reg register.dat --fillthresh 0.5 --o BNC006
.aseg-in-fun.nii.gz

*# anther way* (blue images in the attached picture)
$ reg-feat2anat --feat /drive3/TEST/BOLD/bold.feat --subject BNC006
$ aseg2feat --feat /drive3/TEST/BOLD/bold.feat --aseg aparc.a2009s+aseg
cd /drive3/TEST/BOLD/bold.feat/reg/freesurfer

*BNC006 .aseg-in-fun.nii.gz* and *aparc.a2009s+aseg.nii.gz* are outputs from
the first and second one, respectively. Does anyone give me some suggestion
about which method is suitable to my situation.

Best,
Liang
--
Liang Wang, PhD