It is needed in make_average_surface. I've created a new version that
does not use the aparc (thought I have not tested it). You can get it
from here:

ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/make_average_surface.no-aparc

Make a backup of your current version of make_average_surface and then
copy this one over it

douig

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center