Hi Ilana,

Nick kindly helped me addressing this issue in one of my subjects. In my case
the brainmask had some cortex stripped from
the top and the failure had stemmed from there. I would suggest that you also
check your brainmask.mgz and see if the skull stripping was successful there.
If that is the case you can correct it by adjusting the watershed value
(increase it). Please check this link:

http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial

Nasim