Hi guys,
We have a sample of 150+ pediatric brains that we pumped through FS 5.1,
and in an easy majority of them the white/pial surface accuracy in the
anterior temporal lobe is poor.

I know that this is an area where problems have frequently been
reported.  What is it about that area in particular that makes it
difficult to get accurate surfaces?  (Is the contrast and SNR in that
area inherently worse?)  And, short of a large time commitment of
control point and wm.mgz editing, are there any flags/tweaks that we
could attempt to fix the problem in a more automatic fashion?

thanks,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders