I'd be interested to hear how this goes too.

Thanks,

Matt.

-----Original Message-----
From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Bruce Fischl
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 4:09 PM
To: Joshua Lee
Cc: FreeSurfer
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Freesurfer 1mm Isotropic standard and the Future

Hi Joshua

yes, we already have upgraded mris_make_surfaces to take higher res data
and refine the surfaces with it. Haven't tried it on the aseg yet, but if
you upload a sample dataset I could see how hard it is.

On Mon, 14 May 2012,
Joshua Lee wrote:

> Dear Freesurfers,
>
> Over the last years, MR imaging technology hasimproved such that sub 1-mm
> isotropic scans can be obtained with good signal to noise characteristics.
> For example, our lab uses 0.7mm isotropic structural MR images. I
understand
> that the Freesurfer pipeline will up-sample these to 1mm isotropic, but it
> seems a shame that so much information is left unused which could be used
> improve the accuracy of sub-cortical and cortical segmentation. My
question
> is whether there are any plans at Freesurfer to change the reference
> standard resolution from 1mm isotropic, or provide another solution that
can
> help researchers make the most of your technology.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Joshua
> -
> Joshua

e-mail
HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly