HI Doug,

I tried the mris_anatomical_stats and may well be doing it wrong but got
this as the result:

hughp@naoshi-WS:~/freesurfer/subjects$ mris_anatomical_stats -a
ABM/surf/lh.sulc -b ABM lh
computing statistics for each annotation in ABM/surf/lh.sulc.
reading volume /home/hughp/freesurfer/subjects/ABM/mri/wm.mgz...
reading input surface /home/hughp/freesurfer/subjects/ABM/surf/lh.white...
reading input pial surface
/home/hughp/freesurfer/subjects/ABM/surf/lh.pial...
reading input white surface
/home/hughp/freesurfer/subjects/ABM/surf/lh.white...
CTABfindAnnotation: ct was NULL
No such file or directory
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Not sure how to rectify this, any ideas?

Many thanks again,
Hugh