I'm not sure about this, but probably the doctors use the same methods for
left-hippocampus and right-hippocampus. The softwares,  FSL and Freesurfer,
don't have a different away to operate in either hippocampus. Do you agree?
That way of operating confuses me on how to interpret the differences found
only for the left hippocampus.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Another thing, in my thesis I'll have to describe what I've done in
Freesurfer to obtain the hippocampus segmentation. Is there any article
that describes in a general and brief way  all the steps to be followed
towards the final goal?

Thank you all, again.