Hi Doug,

the analysis is done on the cortex surface. The following commands are used for
the analysis of the functional activation in the right hemisphere cortex:

preproc-sess -s sessionID -fsd bold -nostc -surface fsaverage lhrh -mni305
-fwhm 0 -per-run -nosmooth

plot-twf-sess   -s sessionID -fsd bold -mc

tkregister-sess -s sessionID -fsd bold -per-run -bbr-sum

mkanalysis-sess -fsd bold -surface fsaverage rh -fwhm 0 -event-related
-paradigm stim.par -nconditions 1 -spmhrf 0 -TR 2 -refeventdur 10 -nskip 5
-polyfit 2 -analysis stim.sm0.rh -force

mkcontrast-sess -analysis  stim.sm0.rh -contrast stim-li-v-base -a 1

selxavg3-sess -s sessionID -analysis stim.sm0.rh -no-preproc

tksurfer-sess -s sessionID -analysis stim.sm0.rh -c stim-li-v-base -tcl
./label_01.tcl.

Left hemisphere and sub-cortical analysis are also carried out. Results are
depicted on the flatted cortex surface in the primary somatosensory cortex.
This label is a combination of the freesurfer areas BA1, BA2, BA3a and BA3b.
The activation is masked to this label. An example of the line like pattern
is uploaded on your ftp server using my email (pfannmoelj ...
uni-greifswald.de, the at sign is replaced by dots) as the password. There is a
snaking
line in the middle of the image which is a candidate for a vessel. In other
images the straight line like patterns or line like patterns with gaps are
found. Is there a way to analyze the data in a volume based stream without
differentiation between cortex and sub-cortical brain in which the distance
of the line like pattern relative to the gray substance is visible? This could
be used in order to classify between true activation and vessel activation.
We have epi data with spatial resolution of 2x2x4mm^3 (used to generate
attached image) and 1.5x1.5x2mm^3 which both show line like patterns.
Structural
data are taken using the single echo freesurfer protocol for the flash
sequence, recommended for cortex. I hope those information are of help.

Sincerely yours

               pfannmoe