Are you using a 32-channel coil?  It looks like B1- receive field
inhomogeneity to me.

Peace,

Matt.

From:  youngmin huh <ymin1...@gmail.com>
Date:  Monday, November 12, 2012 10:22 PM
To:  Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>,
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject:  Re: [Freesurfer] bad acquisition and noise problem.

Hi,
3D SPGR sequences were used. (TR=22, TE=4, thickness=1.4, FOV=240*240,
FA=40)
If the artifacts are due to B0 distortion, I wonder how I can fix it.

Thanks,
Youngmin Huh

2012/11/12 Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
> Can you give us the acquisition details? I suspect this is not noise, but
> rather B0 distortion.
> what is the acquisition? And what bandwidth?
>

> On Nov 8, 2012, at 2:53 AM, youngmin huh <ymin1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > I'm working with some images, and they have so much noises on temporal
>> areas.
>> > I just ran recon2, but not sure if they'll be segmented properly.
>> > Does anyone have a recommendation for dealing with it?
>> > I wonder if there is any flag or option for this occasion.
>> > I would appreciate any comments or help.
>> > I attached an example.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Youngmin Huh
>> > <temporal_001.jpg>

> contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
> at
> error
> properly
> dispose of the e-mail.

in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains
patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender
and properly dispose of the e-mail.