Hi again,
like I said in my previous emails, the measurements from the subfield
tools are based on .5x.5x.5 voxels, so you have to divide them by 8 to
convert them to cubic milliliters. Then, if you add up the volumes from
the subfields (without including the hippocampal fissure), you should get
something close to the measurement based on aseg.mgz (2166).
Kind regards,
Eugenio

On Thu, December 6, 2012 10:41 am, Antonella Kis wrote:
> Dear FS team,
>
> After I ran the recon-all to get the total cortical thickness, the volume
> of
> the left hypocampus ( = the number of voxels) equals to 2166 which I
> thought should be the total hippocampal volume. But if we add all the
> voxel numbers from the hippocampal subfield I will get a much larger
> number so I wonder which one represents the true total  volume in terms
> of number of voxels.
>
> Can you also please advise how  can I get differentiated hipocampus
> segmentation in form of head and body.
>
> Thank you.

Juan Eugenio Iglesias, PhD
http://www.jeiglesias.com
igles...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, Massachusetts 2129
U.S.A.