Perhaps you can maximize the tksurfer window on a large monitor, take a
whole screen screenshot, and then in a photo editing program: decrease the
physical size of the image (in mm or inches) while not decreasing the
matrix size.  You can do this in photoshop in Image > Image Size > And
then change the document size until the resolution is 300.  This will
increase the DPI to make nice figures.  What Bruce suggests will just
upsample the image (without adding detail), which is not what journals
have in mind when they ask for 300dpi figures.  Keep in mind that the
document size is the printable size, so your image will get smaller on the
printed page when you do this.  Often, figures have multiple panels and if
you take each panel as a full screen image on a large monitor and then
reduce the size you will have more than 300dpi to spare in the end result.

Peace,

Matt.