Dear Freesurfer experts,

I am interested in a specific brain region that is based on the 2009
atlas. I used Qdec to 'Generate Stats Data Tables' to get the cortical
thickness info for this region and saved them in a file.
Then I used SPSS and did an ANOVA test.  The ANOVA test reveals that the
patient group (versus the neurotypical group) has significantly cortical
thinning in this region (p < .05).
I am also able to see this significant effect in this region using
'Display' in Qdec.
However, once I hit 'FDR' button (q = .05), the minimum t-value associated
with significant data increased from around 2 to more than 4.
And the significant effect in this region does not survive FDR, as seen in
the Display.

My questions:

1. Is what I did the usual procedure to do FDR correction? How do I see
the significance value of this region under FDR (q=.05)?
2. Is the normal that the minimum t-value increased so much when doing FDR?
3. Do I have to do FDR since I'm only interested in a very specific region?

Thank you!
Daniel