Do the surfaces look correct in these regions?  You might post some
screenshots of subjects who have a big difference between 5.1 and 5.2 with
the 5.1 and 5.2 white and pial surfaces on volume slices that highlight
the difference.  Without this kind of info, its hard to know which was
more correct, 5.1 or 5.2.

Peace,

Matt.