I could  see the  created surface in MAtlab ( 'read_surf,) but I could't open
the file in Freesurfer with tksurfer....

VP
From: pval...@hotmail.com
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Brainsuite --> FreeSurfer
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:34:39 -0400

Hi,
I've done a segmentation with Brainsuite ( and FreeSurfer) and I would like to
get measurements with FreeSurfer. SO, I convert my rile ( readdfs -->
write_surf ) from BRainsuite in Matlab to be usable with Freesurfer. Then, I
tried to get measurements with the command .'mris_anatomical_stats' .  with the
file created previously in Matlab (I called it  'rh.pial'). But I got this
error like the system is not able to read wm.mgz.That's why I thought I could
juste replace th 'rh.pial' of the segmentation with Freesurfey by the 'rh.pial'
created with Matalb and then run mris_anatomical_Stats. IS this a good
approximation. Could you recommand another way.

VP