yes, I agree. Two surfaces could be extremely close and have 0 dice. I don't think it would be as informative as Hausdorff or RMS as Mike suggests

Bruce
On Thu, 11 Apr 2013, Michael Harms wrote:

Try:
mri_surf2vol --surf pial --mkmask --hemi lh --identity <subjid> --template
<subjid>/mri/norm.mgz --o
<subjid>/mri/pial_in_vol.mgz

FWIW, I'm not sure if sampling two surfaces to the volume, and then computing a
dice coefficient is
really the best way to "compare" two surfaces.  I would instead compare the two
surfaces directly --
e.g., the rms distance between matched vertices.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders