what version are you running? The newer ones are *much* better at this
Bruce
On Thu, 2 May 2013, Gonzalo Rojas Costa wrote:

Hi:

 I has the MPRAGE of a patient with one big ventricle, and the other
has normal shape and size... Any tip and tricks to process it ?...
Because freesurfer fails from the beggining of the process (VERY BAD
talairach registration)... I test -bigventricle option of recon-all,
but I got the same problems...

 Sincerely,

--
Gonzalo Rojas Costa
Laboratory for Advanced Medical Image Processing