I input:

mris_make_surfaces -dura memprage_echo%d.mgz subjid lh

it returns:

detecting dura using 0 echos from memprage_echo%d.mgz

Should I execute the command in the same directory as the mgz's? Should they be
set up or placed in a specific directory? I also, as with recon-all, exported
the proper subject directory beforehand.